Monday, April 1, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial

Hi there and Happy Easter!
Hope you all had a great time with your families this weekend, as did I. It's really fun to see the celebration and joy of Christ's Resurrection.
Today I wanted to share a very detailed tutorial of a mixed media canvas I completed using mostly Lindy's Stamp Gang's Products. It was a super fun project, where I got my hands quite dirty, but thanks to my loyal scrubby, also sold at Lindy's Stamp Gang, my hands made it out clean and soft after I was done. I used a ton of awesome products and you will see them in the video tutorial below, but for your convenience, I'll be linking each of the products I used to the website, so it's easier for you to locate them and purchase them if you are interested.
I've been playing here and there with mixed media, but have not ventured out into sharing much about it, because it's something relatively new to me, and I'm not quite confident in sharing a lot about it yet. However, I had a blast creating this project and I hope you can see that in the video. I'm pretty happy with the end result, and that's not only because there is an owl right smack in the center of my project lol.
Here's the list of the products I used:

FLAT FABIOS:

EMBOSSING POWDERS:

STARBURST STAIN: Dark Chocolate Truffle

GLITZ SPRITZ: Cactus Gold

WORDS OR WHATEVER DIECUT: Owl
Below is the picture of my finished project, and under that, the video tutorial. I hope you enjoy! 
Happy Spring everyone!!!!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Magdalena for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work, and I loved the tutorial. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you owl Sharon. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I would like to know where you got all the flowers you used. The flowers for wings was BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Those are all paper flowers from my stash. I've collected them from many places. Some good stores are wildorchidcrafts.com and iamrose.com

      Delete
  5. Stunning work Sharon, the detail is amazing...love that little owl. Thanks for the lovely comment you left over at mine :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work.
    Love this post! Very insightful, I look forward to more on these topics.I hope all enjoyed here like me.Keep it up.


    Canvas Printing Miami

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved how you colored the flowers.
    could you let me know what brand/ set is the dandelion stamp from, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. The Dandelion stamp is from Hero Arts.

      Delete
  8. love your work so much fun to watch i would love to try this or something like it have alot of ideas i just need to put them on paper thanks sooo much

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi sharon love the owl and all the lovely colours u used. it turned out great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project is beyond amazing. Simply gorgeous! Love it to pieces! TFS the tut! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting and clever project. Very impressed! You should be very proud. Valda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful composition and you should be very proud. It is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work - would love to have a go - any other place to buy the owl as your link goes to a dead page? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you. You can try the Words or Whatever website. They are sold out on the website I linked. It's been a year since I posted this, so I'm not sure if it's still available on their site either, but you can give it a try.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...