Monday, March 26, 2012

My Pocket Watch...

Hello everyone!
Among all the stuff I've been cleaning out of my computer (I have been trying to clear out some of the memory), I've found several projects I failed to share with you on here, so I'll be sharing them in the next couple of days. I still have to say that I'm not completely convinced on what I'm going to do regarding my computer...I've managed to get it going, but I'm sure It's not going to be working for me for too much longer for what I need it, so even though I didn't have plans for it, I might have to change it up boo hoo! You see, I have other plans set out for later in the year God willing, and well, a new computer doesn't happen until those plans happen, just because I'm a "planner" like that lol. I'm hoping things go as I've been praying for, and then I'll be more than happy to get a new set up, as well as a few other things I have on my wish list, when everything happens like I want it to. I'll also share what the plans are, when they are more "set in stone" sort of speak lol. Hoping for the best!
I also wanted to address the fact  that I promised a while back to start up some sort of challenge here on the blog (remember, back when I started my Super Simple Series?), well  I just wanted to say I have not forgotten about that, it's just that well, there are so many things I want to do, and not that many hours in the day. I'll get to it. I promise :)
Ok, back to today's post. I wanted to share with you one of the projects I created and forgot to post, my Tim Holtz Pocket Watch. 
I never thought I'd make one, and to be honest, when Tim came out with it, I wasn't too crazy about it, but I have to admit, it was quite fun making it, and the challenge of embellishing something so tiny was a good one to take on. This was one of the projects I completed on the cruise and I'm happy with the outcome.
I used Graphic45's Steampunk Debutante paper for the background, some of Tim Holtz's metal petals and leaves, one of Tim's Type Charms, and some words from copy paper cut out, and glued on with dimensionals. As you can see, I altered the metal pieces, changed their color using different colored  Ranger Dabber Paints, and I love the look of the paint on the metal pieces. It definitely changed the whole look of the pieces.
It makes a great necklace. Actually a pretty cool one, but I decided I would incorporate it into another project I worked on, and I'll share that completed project soon. I'm working on editing the pictures this week. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I bought a bunch of these awhile back when they had changed the packaging and Michaels had them for a ridiculously low price. Couldn't pass up a bargain that good, but haven't used them yet. Thanks for the inspiration... I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous project Sharon, just love it!! ....BTW...I saw your comment at my blog asking about some butterfly embellishments I use? I tried to send you a contact sheet with the butterflies on it to the email addie you posted with you comment but it came back undeliverable. You can email me at gpollacco@aol.com and then I can do a reply with the attachment if you are still interested :)

    Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...