Saturday, May 21, 2011

Under the Sea Canvas Project

Today I wanted to share with you my first canvas project. I've been wanting to alter one for a while, and when I had the opportunity,  I bought a few of them on sale at Michael's and Big Lots. I had some cute pictures of my daughter at the beach, and I thought it would be great to integrate at least one of them in my project for Lindy's Stamp Gang's Under the Sea Contest. Some of the design members made some inspiration projects for the people who want to participate in the contest, and here is mine.

I had a great time creating this piece, and it came out just like I had envisioned in my head. I used a ton of Lindy's Stamp Gang products on it, and I love all the shimmer that radiates from all over the canvas.

I used embossing powders to give the wooden starfish the look you see. The colors I used were the Cleopatra Copper and the Kaiser Rudolf Russet. I love mixing together in one piece the Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders because the micas in them make them so unique. Before I embossed the starfish, I did use the Moon Shadow Mist in Incandescent Copper, just to make sure all the edges of the wood were covered in dark color, just in case my embossing did not reach certain areas of the wood. You can never be too careful, right? I embossed the seahorse as well, and the tone and dimension the embossing powder gave to it is just so nice. For that I also used two different embossing powders: Byzanine Bronze and King Midas Gold.

Directly on the design paper I used different Starburst Stains in the colors Frosted Forget Me Nots, Delphinium Turquoise and Bachelor Button Blue. The shimmer they all give off is truly amazing, and you can see in the pictures for yourself...


Can you  see all the shimmer, both in the front and the back of all the designer paper!!!!! This was one sided designer paper from K and Company---the Winter Wonderland Paper Pack. Who would have thought, right?
I painted the whole base of the canvas with my Ranger Dabber Acrylic Paint in the color Sandal, and on top I brush a Starburst Stain in the color Golden Sleigh Bells. The sea shells you see on the edge where embossed with Byzantine Bronze embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang, using a stamp set from Hero Arts...

You can watch a video I made with all the details of both, the contest and this project by clicking HERE.
I'm really happy with the final result. I mean, for my first canvas, I think I did ok. What so you think?
Where you inspired?

Lindy's Stamp Gang "Under the Sea Creative Contest" Info
• Theme: “Under the Sea”
• Contest will run May 21, 2011 through June 8, 2011 
• This particular contest is a YouTube only event. 
 Entry requirements: 
1.) Use Lindy Stamp Gang product(s) 
2.) project must follow the theme "Under the Sea." 

From there, you can create anything from a card, tag, mini album, altered canvas or box, etc!
Post a video of your project submission to your personal channel with title: Lindy's Stamp Gang “Under the Sea” Contest; Submit a video response to LSG Contest Video to enter; Multiple submissions per person are allowed, but you must do a video response for each submission.
• Winners will be announced on the LSG Channel on June 9, 2011. 
The TOP 5 winners will receive a "Pirate's Bootie" of goodies from LSG. We are looking for creativity and the most inspiring use of colors in your projects!

In addition, during the contest (May 21 to June 8) Lindy Stamp Gang will donate 5% of each sale on the Lindy Stamp Gang website to the American Cancer Society. How awesome is that?! 
Random prizes will also be given out during the contest, and participants could win little goodies along the way! So don't miss out on the fun!
Watch the official contest video HERE
Thanks for stopping by and hope you were inspired!

8 comments:

  1. Sharon that is beyond beautiful!! You did a great job! Very very detailed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sharon you are so talented! This canvas is gorgeous!!! I just love reading your blogs and watching your videos on YouTube. You give such great direction and detail in all of your work. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon-You are amazing! The canvas is incredible. I've never seen this kind of beauty & love given to a project. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, This is wonderful for a first canvas--it looks like you have been doing them forever! But then, you are a talented artist. Do we get to vote on who wins the contest! If so, I vote for you hands down! Love you, Dale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love altering canvases. Love all that shimmer and the baby of course to stinkin cute. My fav is the water dropplets. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Do you have a YT tutorial for this??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...