Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Mini Album For My Mom

My mother lives far away, and she doesn't get to see my daughter as much as she'd like to. We share pictures and videos of my daughter with her all the time, but I though it would be nice if for Mother's Day I would make a little mini for her, featuring my baby's first year of life.

Since my mom doesn't scrapbook, I decided to make the book a very simple one, and focus on the cover.
I put my daughter's initial as well as some flowers to make the cover look pretty. The monogram in the cover is made up by Tattered Angels' Alpha Chips Framed Fonts in Regal, which I colored using my favorite, Distress inks and Lindy's Stamp Gang's Glitz Spritz in the color Desert Moon Gecko Green. Instead of binding rings, this time to bind the book I used seam binding, which I dyed with a Starburst Stain in the color Cocoa Bean Copper. I love the look!
The big flower in the cover is from iamroses.com and the little ones are from Recollections. I sprayed the big flower with a Moon Shadow Mist Spray in the color Gossamer Gold, and distressed later the edges using Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger. I also sprayed the entire page with the Gossamer Gold, and I love all the shimmer it gave to my project. I added some pearls and gold metal trinkets, and a K and Co. button to finish the look, and well as a felt butterfly I found on the Michael's dollar spot.

Most of the work was the cover, and the inside is basically just the pictures I wanted to enclose for her, with a few minor paper embellishments I made with some paper punches.
I hope she enjoys it time and time again, when looking back at these pictures. I'm getting ready to mail it out to her with a few other goodies, just in time for Mother's day.
Thanks so much again for stoping by, and if you'd like to watch a detail video of this entire mini, you can click HERE.
Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon this is beautiful, your mom will surely LOVE it! It's the perfect gift for a faraway grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...