Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

Hi everyone!
I wanted to share with you two Mother's Day cards I just completed. I was under the impression Mother's Day was still a week away, and I didn't realize that the second Sunday of May was actually this Sunday until just a few days ago, so I had to rush to get these done. I'm also in the middle of a project for my mother in law----- a mini I decided to make her after making my mom one. I probably will have to share that mini either this Saturday, or the Monday after Mother's day because I'm still not done with it. I will have it done by Sunday, but I don't think I'll have time to upload a video or make post about it by then. I do promise I will share once I'm done. For now, here are the cards I finished.

This first one is for my mother in law. I was in the mood of banners I guess, because both cards have banners. I used a Hero Arts Stamp (Silhouette Meadow Flowers) and used the Emboss Resist Technique on the focal image, which I colored in using my Distress inks from Ranger. To watch a video on the technique and how I created that emboss resist piece, please click HERE.

I used a Martha Stewart Punch to punch out the butterflies, some Prima Bling and my Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to distress all the edges (after using on them my Tonic Distressing tool). The designer paper I used was from a RAK I received from my friend Jil.  I don't know the name of the collection, except that it's from a K and Co. paper stack. It's gorgeous.

















 I used a Stampin' up Stamp Set for the sentiment (Well Scripted), and I sprayed the banner with my Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray in the color Gossamer Gold. I also sprayed the back of the cards with my favorite Glitz Spritz of all time Desert Moon Gecko Green. As you can well know by now, I spray it on almost everything...can't help it!
This next card I made is for my mother. She likes browns and greens better than the pinks, so this was the perfect color combo for her. I still don't have a technique video for the background piece of this card (had no time to film it), but I plan on making one soon, so stay tuned for that. The texture it gives to the card definitely makes a statement.

I used Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in the color Angel Wings Peacock, and this particular powder shows off  some turquoise shimmer---my favorite.
To watch the video of the details of these cards please click HERE. I hope you enjoyed these cards, and come back later for my finished Mother in Law mini.
Thanks for stopping by, and to all the mothers out there: Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...